The Training and Placement Cell is the backbone of any institution. Salesian College’s Training and Placement Cell has been established with the vision of St. Don Bosco; to be a friend and guide to the students. The college places great emphasis on providing students with a platform for using their potential to gain valuable experience by working in industries as interns and acting as the interface between various companies seeking talented young graduates and post graduates in various disciplines. The Training & Placement Cell of the college works towards recognizing the core competencies of students. It works closely with the students and has a structure which conveys information to the students at the fastest possible rate. Career development workshops and seminars are held in order to help the students develop their skills to be competent to face the world. The career development programmes help students in terms of Personality Development, Communication Skills and Overall Grooming. The Placement Cell plays a vital role in locating job opportunities for the present as well as the ex students. It operates round the year to create a common platform between companies and students to come together for internship and placement opportunities. The college alumnae have set new standards in the field of entrepreneurship and supports students for internship and placement.
Equipping the students with relevant and conceptualized professional skills and guiding them towards a bright future and career all around the world with the values of – ‘Sincerity’, ‘Hard Work’ and ‘Ethics’.
Training and Placement Cell supports students to choose suitable career and impart knowledge, and skill to develop the aptitude to meet the manpower requirements of the Industry.
The objectives are:
1. To recognize the core competencies of the students.
2. To build confidence in students and develop right attitude.
3. To enhance their communication skills.
4. Maintaining and regularly updating the database of students. Maintaining database of companies and establishing strategic links for campus recruitments.
5. Gathering information about job fairs and all relevant recruitment advertisements.
6. Coordinating with companies to learn about their requirements and recruitment procedures
7. Identifying the needs and expectations of the companies to assist them in recruiting candidates.
8. Organizing pre-placement training/workshops/seminars for students.
9. To provide resources and activities to facilitate the career planning process.
10. To act as a link between students, alumni, and the employment community.
11. To assist students in obtaining placement in reputed companies.
Training and Placement Activities
1. Highlighting articles on departmental notice boards regarding Competitive & Industrial Career Opportunities.
2. Communicating with Alumni for available openings.
3. Inform students about the available job opportunities in government sectors and off campus drives.
4. Arranging Motivational Talks and conducting Expectation Management Workshops.
5. Conducting Psychometric Test.
6. Communicating with industry for campus interviews.
7. On/Off-Campus Interview.
8. Providing Internship.
9. Industrial Visits for both students and faculty.
10. Project and research work.
11. Career Guidance Programmes.
12. Create awareness about “career planning” and “career mapping” among the students.
13. Train the students on “Personality development”.
14. Organise Various Training Programmes to train the students in the areas of Quantitative Aptitude, Logical Reasoning and Verbal reasoning.
15. Train the students through Mock Interviews to perform well in the interviews as per the expectations of the corporate world.
16. Train the students on group discussion techniques, Communication Skills & Vocabulary, Resume Preparation, Email Writing and , Interview Skills.
1. Mr. Anirban Ghosh
2. Dr. Dipankar Rudra
1. Mr. Dhirendra Newar
2. Mr. Manoresh Thapa