Salesian College Sports Association
The Club is formed, developed, governed and administrated by the student & faculty representatives to encourage physical activities and sports. The SASC is intended to make the campus life active and alive with daily, weekly and monthly events of individual, club wise, course wise and inter college activities to promote physical fitness, encourage wholesome competitive spirit and sports-wo/manship.The SSASC is committed to provide a healthy sporting habit among the students. It helps to learn teamwork at work, coordination among diverse cultural & ethnic groups and mainly infuses discipline & instills the value system in one individual. Value of time, precision & competitiveness are the major learning points apart from communication, coordination & teamwork.
1. To develop sports skills and sportsman spirit.
2. Physical fitness, physiological and psychological abilities.
3. Moral ethics and social awareness.
4. Coordination and cooperation.
5. Leadership qualities and overall discipline
1. Weekly/ Biweekly Meetings
2. Annual Sports Day
3. Inter college Basketball tournament (Taverna Trophy)
4. Inter College Chess Tournament ( Salesian Master)
5. Salesian Premier League
6. Monitoring the Salesian Fitness Centre
7. Monitoring daily practices of sports and games
8. Encouraging, Monitoring and reporting students’ participation in Inter college, University, Inter University, District, State, National and International Level events
9. Organizing inter departmental sports and games
Practice timing in the college
Salesian College Siliguri Campus
2.30 pm – 6 pm (summer: April- October)
2.30 pm – 5 pm (winter: November to March)
No practice is done on Sundays and Holidays
Note: Students of Salesian College with College ID is permitted to practice in the college campus.
Mr. Dipesh Patrick Baraily
Ms. Ranu Sherpa
Mr. Rakesh Saibo
Ms. Shreya Agarwal