Media Association of Salesian College Siliguri campus is formed to engage with the media activities and to help students to perform the activities which would help them to increase their understanding of Mass Media. Mass Media as we know includes variety of vehicles like Newspaper, Magazine, Audio Visual Media, New media etc. which are used to communicate with the masses. These are in fact the mode of delivery of messages and are used for effective communication. The activities undertaken by the club would ensure in fulfilling the objectives and purpose of the Association.
SCSC Media Association under the supervision of the Department of Mass Communication & Journalism, Salesian College, Siliguri Campus provides media coverage for all types of academic and extra-curricular activities of Salesian College, Siliguri Campus. The club is responsible for ensuring the publication of “The Salesian Times” and organizing media competitions and events. The club is mainly run by students as contributors of stories, photos, videos and newsworthy articles providing the aspiring students the opportunity to express their ideas and talent. The Students are mentored and supervised by the Faculty members of the Dept. of Mass Communication & Journalism. The forum aims to aggregate and develop individuals to become relevant and effective as future leaders in the media industry
1. The club intends to hosts speaker sessions and workshops throughout the year featuring industry experts who share their experiences, enriching the learning value of the club.
2. Organize events and exhibitions for the students to explore and showcase their respective skills and talents in relevant media fields.
3. Students are given the opportunity to develop their skills through training programs such as video editing, short film projects, photography workshops, reporting of events, exhibitions, field trips and competitions.
1. Reporting on different beats like, cultural, education, sports, entertainment, etc.
2. Students will prepare news content for the Tabloid “The Salesian Times”.
3. Students will cover different activities (photography and videography) and prepare reports.
4. Students will prepare contents for digital/online media platforms.
5. Students will organize media events, competitions and exhibitions.
The club’s initiatives are driven by a core team who would be solely responsible for execution of all matters pertaining to media and communication.
Mr. Ravi Bushan Singh
Mr. Patrick Johnson