0353-2545622  |  99334 02478


0353-2545622  |  99334 02478

Salesian college in its endevour  to provide quality formation to its students give great emphasis club based actvities. A club is a group of students organized with a similar interest for a social, literary, athletic, cultural, or other common purpose. In the beginning of the year students are divided into eight clubs and major college activities are held club wise.  Salesian college believes that it’s a great way to build professional skills including leadership, teamwork, communication and prioritization. The clubs are named after great personalities belonging to the Salesian congregation who have contributed significantly to the formation of young people all over the world.


1. Provide a chance to build professional skills
2. Provide opportunity to demonstrate and learn time management
3. Makes one more collaborative
4. Create great friendships and new networking opportunities
5. Build self-confidence
6. Providestudents with a well-rounded college experience
7. Increase students’ marketability


1. Monthly club meeting
2. Exurge – Literary and cultural competition
3. Christmas Celebration
4. Annual Sports’ Day
5. Ethnic Day
6. Fete
7. Social Outreach Programmes


Named after the second Rector Major of the Salesian of Don Bosco

About the Patron:

FR. PAUL ALBERA (1844 – 1921) :Paul Albera was born on 6 June 1845 in None, between Turin and Pinerolo in Piedmont, Italy. In October 1858, he met Don John Bosco and entered the Oratory in Turin. He was among the first 22 Salesians of Don Bosco, to take their vows. On 2 August, 1868 he was ordained a priest. In 1871 at only twenty-six years, he was director of the Salesian house in Marassi. In 1881 he goes to France as provincial and remains so until 1892, when he was called back by the successor of Don Bosco to Turin. In 1900 he became Don Michael Rua’s representative for the Americas. In 1910 after the death of Don Rua he was elected, as the third successor of Don Bosco and remained so until his death on 29 October 1921.


Named after the founder of Salesian society, John Bosco

About the Patron:

SAINT JOHN BOSCO (1815-1888) Beatified 02-06-1929, Canonised 1-4-1934.
John Bosco was born at Castelnuovod’Asti on 16 August 1815. From when he was small, John began to feel a desire to become a priest. As a seminarian at Chieri, he thought up the idea of the ‘Cheerful Society,’ which gathered boys from around the town. In June 1841 he was ordained priest. He developed his famous educational method, ‘the Preventive System’. “Be with the boys, prevent sin through reason, religion and loving kindness. Become saints and educators of saints. Our boys must know they are loved”. Don Bosco died exhausted from work at age 72, on 31 January 1888. Today the Salesian Family is throughout the world. Pope John Paul II declared him ‘Father and Teacher of Youth’ on the centenary of his death.


Named after a Salesian Bishop & Saint.

About the Patron:

SAINT (BISHOP) LOUIS VERSIGLIA (1873-1930) Beatified on 15-05-83, Canonized on 01-10-2000
Louis was born in OlivaGessi (Pavia) on June 5, 1873. In 1888, soon after Don Bosco’s death, Louis was much taken by the ceremony where seven missionaries received their mission cross and decided to become a Salesian, with the hope of going to the missions. After much insistence from the bishop of Macao, in 1906 six Salesians arrived in China, led by FrVersiglia. In Macao he established the Salesian “mother house” and also opened a mission at Heungchow. In 1918 the Salesians received the mission of Shiuchow from the Vicar Apostolic of Canton, and on 9 January 1921 FrVersiglia was consecrated its bishop. Wise, tireless and poor, he constantly set out to visit and encourage the confreres and Christians in his diocese. On 13 February 1930, together with FrCaravario, the bishop was at Shiuchow for the pastoral visit to the Linchow mission. Some young boys and girls went with them; they had been studying in Shiuchow. On 25 February a group of Bolshevik pirates stopped the bishop’s boat, wanting to take the girls. The bishop and FrCaravario obstructed them with all the force they could muster.They were forcibly taken and eventually shot. Their last breath was spent for their beloved China. Paul VI declared them martyrs in 1976, John Paul II declared them Blessed in 1983 and canonized them on 1st October 2000.


This club is named after the co-founder of the Institute of the Daughters of Mary Help of Christians (Salesian Sisters).

About the Patron:

SAINT MARY DOMENICA MAZZARELLO (1837-1881) Beatified on 20-11-1938, Canonized on 24-6-1951.
Mary Domenica was born on 9 May 1837, in Mornese, Alessandria. At fifteen, she joined the Association of the Daughters of Mary Immaculate and began her apostolate among the young people of her village. A serious attack of typhoid, at the age of 23, had a profound spiritual effect on her. The experience of her own physical fragility, on the one hand, deepened her abandonment to God and, on the other, encouraged her to open a sewing school to educate the girls in work, prayer and love of God. On the occasion of Don Bosco’s visit to Mornese (10-08-1864) she said: “Don Bosco is a saint and I feel it”.


Also known as Computer Club, this club has been named after another of Don Bosco’s most known students.

About the Patron:

Michael Magone (1845 – 1859) Michael Magone was an adventurous and energy filled young boy. He was born on the 19 September 1845. His support of the younger students at Don Bosco’s Oratory and his great capacity for leadership in time led to his nickname General Mickey. Before his death,(January 21, 1859) at the young age of 13, Mickey Magone made a lasting impression on Don Bosco who once said that he strove for excellence in everything he did in life.


Named after the third Rector Major of the Salesians of Don Bosco

About the Patron:

Born on 28 May 1856 at Lu Monferrato, Alessandria, Philip was won over by Don Bosco at the age of 22. As a priest, he was entrusted with the formation of the aspirants and novices. He contributed greatly to the development of Salesian Spain. He set up formation centres to offer spiritual and social assistance to young working women, planned printing works and guided and supported the Salesian Sisters through a particularly sensitive period in their history. He gave great encouragement to the Cooperators, and set up the World Federation of Past-Pupils (male and female).He died on December 5, 1931.


This club has been named after the first successor of Don Bosco.

About the Patron:

Born in Turin on 9 June 1837, the youngest of nine children, Michael came to the Oratory in 1852. One day Don Bosco told him: “We will go halves in everything”. He was among the first group to whom Don Bosco suggested the formation of the Salesian Society. For 36 years he was his closest collaborator in all stages of the development of the Congregation. At the explicit request of the Founder, in 1884, Pope Leo XIII named him to succeed Don Bosco and he confirmed him as Rector Major in 1888. Fr. Rua was seen as the ‘Living Rule’ because of his austere fidelity, yet he also displayed a fatherly spirit that was capable of great thoughtfulness, so much so that he was known as ‘a king of kindness’. Beatified on 29 October 1972 by Paul VI, and the day, 29 October, his memory is kept alive liturgically.


Also known as Nature Club, this club has been named after one of Don Bosco’s most known students.

About the Patron:

Dominic was born on 2 April 1842, in San Giovanni di Riva, near Chieri, Turin. At twelve, Don Bosco accepted him into the Oratory in Turin and Dominic asked his help in order to “become a saint”. Gentle, serene and happy, he put great effort into fulfilling his duties as a student and helping his companions in every way he could, teaching them Catechism, assisting the sick and settling quarrels. He died in Murialdo on March 9, 1857. His feast is celebrated on May 6. Pope Pius XI defined him as “A little, or rather, a great giant of the Spirit”. He is patron of young choir singers.