Human Rights Cell
“Human rights are not a privilege conferred by government. They are every human being’s entitlement by virtue of his humanity.”- Mother Teresa
Human rights have implicit importance as they are considered indispensable for the survival of human beings. According to United Nations Human Rights are rights inherent to all human beings, regardless of race, sex, nationality, ethnicity, language, religion, or any other status. Human rights include the right to life and liberty, freedom from slavery and torture, freedom of opinion and expression, the right to work and education, and many more. Everyone is entitled to these rights, without discrimination. Keeping these guidelines in the forefront, Salesian College formed the Human Rights Cell to raise awareness among students about the concept of Human Rights and the importance of it in today’s society.
To educate and empower students on Human Rights and enable them to exercise their rights and also respect and uphold the rights of others
To promote, preserve and implement human rights through effective institutional policy development, capability building and control of human rights violations.
1. To create awareness about human rights among the faculties, staffs and students. through Seminars and workshops
2. To create sensitivity and enhance the knowledge of human rights among the people in and around the college by organizing various awareness programmes.
3. To respond against the violation of human right issues reported in the college by raising the voice in a proper platform and thereby facilitate to ensure the protection of human rights.
4. To develop leadership qualities and Building confidence among the students
5. Conduct surveys and formulate case studies to help students understand the concept of Human Rights.
6. Indulge in community integration activities to render service to the helpless and suffering.
7. Empower and encourage students to exercise their rights and responsibilities to the best of their abilities.
8. To make our students as a good citizen of our country
1. Outreach programmes
2. Seminar and workshops
3. Film screening
4. Poster and banners for the display board
5. Special assemblies
6. Human Rights Day Celebrations
7. Weekly presentations by students on various topics like Domestic Violence, Right to Information, Sex workers in India etc.,
1. Ms. ChimmeTamang
2. Mr. SangamGhattani
3. Mr. Bikash Sharma
1. Mr. Pawan Rai
2. Ms. Jessica Nyss
3. Ms. Manisha Thami